Spring Cleaning In Autumn


As often happens, the urge to prepare for Winter grows stronger at this time of year. The need to make things clean and comfortable for the hibernation time ahead.
This year it seems to have extended to The Old Burrow website.
While not much has been happening at the surface here, a lot has been happening below ground...

I have felt a change happening for a while now and to be honest I think it is still in progress. I write as much as I paint these days - a restriction and probably a gift of the ill health that I have been passing through. Last time I was very ill was over 14 years ago and that was the time I learnt to draw and paint - because there was literally nothing else I could do. So I like to assume it is a rough but guiding hand from life to grow in a certain direction. Lets see how it turns out....

Meanwhile you might like to take a look at the website. There are a few new pages to meander through and a bit of a new direction in that the Imagination seems to be as much a focus as the gifts it brings. I love the quote from John Keats...


'Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk'





A rough sketch - more bears and ruffs and stars.

Comments

Popular Posts