Deeper, Quieter,



A little extra blog post to make up for my absence in March and April...




Dotted amongst this valley of farms and forestry are a scattering of Fringe dwellers, a congregation of Creatives mixed with a medley of madness as delightful as any of Alice's underground Wonderland creatures.

It seems that art thrives in this environment. Our tiny community in the hills regularly holds beautiful exhibitions and music events. The remoteness somehow seems to add to the magic as travelers' find unexpected beauty and talent within our tiny hidden population in the hills.

 There is an otherworldly quality to this place a special blend of earthly and ethereal, something deeper and quieter, a peace that travels within all things, an underlying sacredness in everything 

I have always been receptive to the beautiful stillness within some religious artworks. The religion itself didn't seem to matter - only the artworks ability to emanate a deep sense of quietness that somehow soothed the space it sat in.











So now, very tentatively, I am beginning to merge my fascination with religious art and combine it with the other things that speak to my heart. In all honesty I have no idea where it will go or if it will touch other people.  I think my main hope might be that the images will communicate some sense of depth and quietness and maybe a sense of reverence for this precious human life and all that it entails. 
















A translation of a poem originally by Rainer Maria Rilke

You darkness from which I come,
I love you more than all the fires
that fence out the world,
for the fire makes a circle
for everyone
so that no one sees you anymore.
But darkness holds it all:
the shape and the flame,
the animal and myself,
how it holds them,
all powers, all sight —

and it is possible: its great strength
is breaking into my body.
I have faith in the night



David Whyte


To be happy is to live as the unknown.

An inquiry question from a book called 
The Way of Liberation
by
Adyashanti


Comments

  1. Wonderful to see a piece at various stages of creation. Lovely piece, lovely blog post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts